Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Hi everybody
    I am new to NinjaTrader but i have been developing indicators for tradestation for 6 years
    I'm still getting familliar with Ninja and i need the practice so i will develop strategies for free

Note that I wont be taking over complicated requests. keep it simple and clean. if there are too many requests i will take my pick as to which ones i do

happy trading

Regards,
    Michel
    Last edited by michel; 08-11-2011, 08:36 PM.

Thank you for offering this, Michel.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your offer. I have a request that several have been asking for and should be manageable as it's standard on other charting packages. The NT PriorDayOHLC and CurrentDayOHL indicators only work with the session template that the chart is using. However, many traders like to use 24 hour or ETH session templates and then plot OHLC values for the regular pit trading hours (RTH).

So the PriorDayOHLC indicator should be enhanced with the option to also plot prior RTH low, prior RTH high, and prior RTH open. Ideally, the user should be able to select the session template that he wants to use for the RTH hours, but it may be easiest to just have a user preference box where the user inputs the RTH start and end times.

The CurrentDayOHL indicator should be similarly enhanced to give the user the option to also plot current RTH open, current RTH low, and current RTH high.

Good luck with this challenge should you choose to accept it!

Comment

Originally posted by michel View Post
        Hi everybody
        I am new to NinjaTrader but i have been developing indicators for tradestation for 6 years
        I'm still getting familliar with Ninja and i need the practice so i will develop strategies for free

Note that I wont be taking over complicated requests. keep it simple and clean. if there are too many requests i will take my pick as to which ones i do

happy trading

Regards,
        Michel
        www.fxcteam.com
        Hi Michel, Thanks for the offer! If you are interested, I would like the following levels to indicate with a horizontal line that extends to the right of the chart.

1) PDH (Previous Day's High)
        2) PDL (Previous Day's Low)
        3) PDC (Previous Day's Close)
        4) Overnight High
        5) Overnight Low
        6) 10 Minute High (The first ten minutes after todays open) 9:30AM EST- 9:40AM EST
        7) 10 Minute Low (The first ten minutes after todays open) 9:30AM EST- 9:40 AM EST

Thanks again for your help!
        Last edited by trzmyewski; 08-14-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Simple timed bracket order

I am new to futures trading and would like to try a simple bracket order at a specific time of day and within a certain range from the last price at that time. I would like the time of day to be tied to the market time and user configurable to the second. You may code the default time to be 07:29:45 central time and the range to also be user configurable in ticks from the last price. You may code the default range from the last price as 10 ticks above and 10 ticks below. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vegifxtrader View Post
            I am new to futures trading and would like to try a simple bracket order at a specific time of day and within a certain range from the last price at that time. I would like the time of day to be tied to the market time and user configurable to the second. You may code the default time to be 07:29:45 central time and the range to also be user configurable in ticks from the last price. You may code the default range from the last price as 10 ticks above and 10 ticks below. Thanks.
            i am actually doing something like that right now

Comment

Michel, Please let me know the details and if you are willing to share the source code for the project. I too am an amateur programmer for trading platforms. My expertise is in Metatrader 4, and am anxious to learn to program indicators and strategies in Ninjatrader 7.

Comment

Hey Michel,

Could you help with the following:

- A Bollinger band with default settings of 10 periods and 0.8 Std Deviations
                - An option to have the midline on or off
                - An option to have the upper and lower bands both colored green when price breaks above the upperband and stay green until price closes below the lowerband and red for when price closes below the lower band until it closes above the upper band.
                - An option to show a shaded cloud between the upper and lower band and have it colored based on the same criteria as the upper and lower bands.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bartholomew View Post
                  Hey Michel,

Could you help with the following:

- A Bollinger band with default settings of 10 periods and 0.8 Std Deviations
                  - An option to have the midline on or off
                  - An option to have the upper and lower bands both colored green when price breaks above the upperband and stay green until price closes below the lowerband and red for when price closes below the lower band until it closes above the upper band.
                  - An option to show a shaded cloud between the upper and lower band and have it colored based on the same criteria as the upper and lower bands.

Thanks!
                  Ah. the David Elliott Momo Bands. Do they really work for you? I had to give up on them.
                  Last edited by koganam; 08-20-2011, 12:30 PM. Reason: Corrected sentence capitalization.

Comment

haha wasn't sure if anyone would recognize what I was asking for.

Well, like anything, they don't work for me 100% of the time, and I don't rely on them solely, but combined with other trend confirming studies they do alright. They can hurt you, like most indicators, in chop though. But they also keep you in trend longer when there is trend in the chart you're looking at.

Think you can program them with all the coloring options?
                    I was able to program them on ToS, but I'm not used to C# so I got the default settings I wanted programmed, but couldn't figure out how to add color with the breakout rule :s

Comment

Originally posted by bartholomew View Post
                      haha wasn't sure if anyone would recognize what I was asking for.

Well, like anything, they don't work for me 100% of the time, and I don't rely on them solely, but combined with other trend confirming studies they do alright. They can hurt you, like most indicators, in chop though. But they also keep you in trend longer when there is trend in the chart you're looking at.

Think you can program them with all the coloring options?
                      I was able to program them on ToS, but I'm not used to C# so I got the default settings I wanted programmed, but couldn't figure out how to add color with the breakout rule :s
                      That does not look impossible, but becaue of what happened wth Sam777 in the thread that I reference below, I am no longer ever going to code a complete indicator for anyone in these fora. Sorry, but some folks just spoil things for everybody else.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...light=reversal

Take a look at the final post.

Comment

Indicator Development

Greetings,
                        I just read your message stating that you would develop simple indicators for free.
                        Would you be able to develop an alarm indicator for me that automatically resets a new hi or low price on a stock or index? For example, every time a new high or lo is made on say HWP the alert is sounded and the alert is automatically reset to sound an alert the next time
                        a new hi or lo is made. This alert would be very handy in monitoring a strong trend in either direction without having to reset the alert manually and wait for the next hi or lo to reset the alert.
                        If you would prefer, you may contact me at 505-792-0309 for further discussion. My email address is: [email protected].

Comment

Wow, that's crazy how someone could be so ungrateful from you just offering free help with something they want coded! I've coded a few custom indicators myself on ToS, so I get how instructions must be clear for the coder to code properly...I guess other people don't? :S

If I send you my code, could you add the color options for me?
                          My code isn't much different from the built in bollinger band except my default settings are the same as Dave Elliotts, and my default line colors and thickness are changed.

I'll be as clear as I can with answering any questions you have and can send a screenshot of what the finished product looks like, if that helps.

PM me if that's cool and if not, no worries.

Comment

Hi Michel,

If its not to much trouble, I would like to be able to extend the lines indefinitely on the already existing "SWING" indicator.

Thank you for your consideration and generous offer.

Comment

Help for indicator

Originally posted by michel View Post
                              Hi everybody

happy trading

Regards,
                              Michel
                              www.fxcteam.com
                              Would you be able to assist me in developing an indicator for an automatic resetting of a hi or lo new price? For example, on any issue if the price reaches a new hi or lo,
                              it would alarm indicating the new hi or lo and then automatically reset itself to alarm
                              if it hits another new hi or lo. This would be repeated until no new hi or lo-s were met.
                              You may call me at 505-792-0309 or reach me by email at [email protected].
                              ThankYou,
                              Ron

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                              3 responses