Data feed lagging on ninja trader platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed lagging on ninja trader platform

Hello, I'm a trader. I have an 8GB RAM and Quad core processor with very few programs running in the back ground. I also have DSL with good speed (minimum 2MB). But the problem is my charts start lagging sometimes and I get slippages. The price on exchange is ahead than the price being displayed at my charts. The Time stamps in time and sales window lag as well. If I disconnect to Zenfire connection and reconnect, it become stable for a while.

I have another ****ty PC with 4GB and Duo core processor, but it is more accurate than this Fast computer that I have for trading. Please guide what could be wrong. Hardwares are fine so is the internet. Firewall is turned off as well.

(I have consulted with support team by email but wasn't so helpful. I havve had my PC formatted and RAM changed as well)

I am happy to assist.

What way are both computers connected? For example if one is wired and one is wireless, this may be your issue.

Additionally, what type of NinjaTrader are you using, 64 bit or 32 bit?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

both PC's are wired. I do not know which bit ninja trader I have. How do I check it? Both PC's have stable connection and fast internet.

Comment

Princegolds,

Thanks for your reply,

In the Control Center, if you click Help > About, it should display which version of NinjaTrader you are using in the top line of the pop-up window. It should say "Ninjatrader 64-bit" there if you are using NinjaTrader 64-bit.

Please let me know if I can assist futher.

Comment

[IMG]C:\Users\Prince M. Golds\Desktop[/IMG]

Hi again, it does not say about bits, but I'm using the latest one.

Comment

Prince,

Thanks for your note.

It appears that you are running NinjaTrader 32-bit. A limitation of the Microsoft .NET framework for 32-bit applications is that it will only have access to a fraction of your RAM, so while you have 8 gigabytes, it will only have access to approximately 1.25 GB of that. I would suggest using 64-bit NinjaTrader. It should be available in your start menu where you regularly click to start NinjaTrader, except it will say "NinjaTrader (64-bit).

Additionally, though you may have not very many processes running in the background, it is possible that some process is routinely causing your computer to lag. It would be a good idea to compare the difference between what processes you are running on your older PC, and what processes you are running on the newer one.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us.

Comment

Hello Adam, sorry I could not find the 64 bit application access. Please help on this. Second, I will try to do a comparison.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Please make sure you are also running a 64-bit operating system. To find out how to check, please view the following link.

Get answers to some common questions about 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

If you are running a 64bit operating system, you can search for the NinjaTrader 64-bit application the following way :

If you are running Windows 7, then you should be able to type "NinjaTrader (64-bit)" in the search bar of the start menu.

If you are running Windows XP, search for "NinjaTrader (64-bit)" using the following instructions : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308895

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you still don't find it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes