NinjaTrader Connection Guide for Patsystems
- Brokerage account using Patsystems technology
- Account logon credentials provided by your Patsystems based broker
- User name
- SuperTAS enabled/disabled
- Host address
- Host port
- Price address
- Price port
Connection Configuration Instructions
- NinjaTrader must be installed
- Start NinjaTrader
- From the Control Center window, select the menu "Tools > Account Connections…"
- In the Account Connection Set Up window, press the "Add…" button
- The Connection Wizard will appear. Press the "Next >" button.
- As per the image below
- Connection name: Create a name to identify your connection
- Provider: Select "Patsystems" from the list
- Backup data feed connection: Select your backup datafeed or leave as "<None>"
- Connect on startup: Enable if you want NinjaTrader to automatically establish a connection on startup
- Press the "Next>" button
- As per the image below, enter your Patsystems account logon credentials. Please be sure to select the correct country code relevant to you.
- Press the "Next >" button followed by the "Finish" button to complete configuring your Patsystems account.
- To connect to your account, go to the NinjaTrader Control Center window, select the menu "File > Connect" and select your account.
- If you run into any problems connecting to your account, please review the common problems and resolutions below
- Critical: OCO (one cancels other) orders for Patsystems are locally simulated on your PC. This means that NinjaTrader must be connected to your broker in order for the OCO capability to function. If you are disconnected and one of the OCO orders are filled, the other WILL NOT be cancelled.
- Did you know that Patsystems does not provide historical data? Consider supplementing your Patsystems connection with Kinetick for historical data!
Common Problems Connecting To Your Patsystems Based Account
I receive Error 7: User already logged in
This usually happens if your PC crashed or NinjaTrader was unable to shut down properly. Call your broker and have them reset your account. Then reboot your PC and log back in. Sometimes the system reset can take five minutes.
I receive Error 7: Application Unknown
Your broker has not properly authorized your account to use NinjaTrader. Call your broker and inform them that their servers are returning the error message (Error 7: Application Unknown) and they have to set up your account properly. They should be able to fix this within minutes.
I try to connect but nothing happens
This is usually a result of incorrect server information entered when you set up your Patsystems connection. First verify that you have the required information listed above from your broker.
- A common mistake is that the server is a SuperTAS server and this option in the connection options window does not have a check mark beside it (image above)
- Check each of the parameters that you entered in the Connection Options window character by character and ensure that there are periods where periods should be, that you did not use commas instead of periods, the numbers are correct, the user name/password combination is correct and that there are no additional spaces trailing any of the parameters
- Is their server type set to "Live"
I receive a Password Expired Message
Some brokers require that you reset your password at pre-determined intervals or upon the creation of a new account. Via the Control Center window, Tools > Account Connections, select your Patsystems connection and press the Change button. Press Next until you get to the Connection Options window (image above), check the New Password check box and enter a new password in the New Password field making sure to leave your original password in the Password field. Press Next and complete the changes and then proceed to connect to your account.
How to List the Authorized Contracts Your Account is Enabled For
To receive data and execution access your Patsystems based account has to be enabled for each specific instrument by your broker. In NinjaTrader there’s a convenient way to access what instruments are authorized by your broker:
- Connect to your Patsystems connection
- Select the menu in the NinjaTrader Control Center Tools > Instrument Manager
- Click on the Pats button on the right side to access the "Broker Authorized Symbols" listing