NinjaTrader Connection Guide for GAIN Capital/Forex.com
You can use NinjaTrader to trade a live forex account through GAIN Capital/Forex.com. Please click on this link to learn more about:
- Opening a live trading account at GAIN Capital/Forex.com
- Transfer your existing GAIN Capital/Forex.com account to be able to use it with NinjaTrader
- A valid account at GAIN/FOREX.com
- Account logon credentials
- User name
- If your account is held at GAIN USA , GAIN UK or GAIN AUS
Connection Configuration Instructions
- NinjaTrader must be installed
- Start NinjaTrader
- From the Control Center window, select the menu "Tools > Account Connections…"
- In the Account Connection Set Up window, press the "Add…" button
- The Connection Wizard will appear. Press the "Next >" button.
- As per the image below
- Connection name: Create a name to identify your connection
- Provider: Select "Gain" from the list
- Backup data feed connection: Select your backup datafeed or leave as "<None>"
- Connect on startup: Enable if you want NinjaTrader to automatically establish a connection on startup
- Select "Use NinjaTrader servers" for historical data
- Press the "Next>" button
- As per the image below:
- Enter your account user name and password
- If your account is a live funded (not demo) account select "Live" from the mode drop down list
- Fill in the "Brand code" with one of the following values
- If your account is held at GAIN USA enter "NIJA" excluding quotations
- If your account is held at GAIN UK enter "NJUK" excluding quotations
- If your account is held at GAIN AUS use the value "NJAU" excluding quotations
- Leave "Multiple connections" disabled unless otherwise instructed by a technical support representative
- Press the "Next >" button followed by the "Finish" button to complete configuring your GAIN/FOREX.com account.
- From the Control Center window, select the menu "Tools > Options > Data"
- If you have a fixed spread account set the value for the property "Quote currencies (FX)" to "Pip"
- If you have a fractional spread account set the value of the property "Quote currencies (FX)" to "TenthPip"
- To connect to your account, go to the NinjaTrader Control Center window, select the menu "File > Connect" and select your account.